Sunday, June 21, 2009

Counter Notice

I know that I said that this post would be my last word on the subject, but (largely due to the persistence/badgering of some YouTube subscribers) I've now decided to file a counter notice with YouTube disputing Sony's copyright complaint in relation to my Barack Roll videos (at least for the purposes of Australian jurisdiction/law).

It might not have been the smartest thing to do, but I worked damn hard on those videos, I'm proud of them and Google even used one of them to promote one of their gadgets.

Thanks again to everyone who has sent messages in support. Hopefully I'll get my audio back, but, if not, at least I'll have given it a try.

While I used to get a bit frustrated that people were uploading my videos to Funny or Die and College Humor without asking me, at least it keeps the videos alive for the moment.

6 comments:

Katja said...

Thanks..this isone of my favourite videos on YouTube...

WOW Gold said...

Randyrun is a well known Company which has been involved in providing secure and fast WOW GOLD. If you are looking company which can provide you instant , fast and secure WOW Gold, You are at right place. Over 10, 0000 satisfied customers bears to the fact that the company is reliable.

Unknown said...

Hi - since you have used the majority of the song, it is likely that you have infringed copyright. Your best best (if slim) bet is to argue that it is a fair dealing for the purpose of parody or satire, which is a defence under both the US and Australian copyright legislation. have a look at Campbell v. Acuff-Rose Music, 510 U.S. 569 (1994). Different law might be applied in Australia, as the courts have not looked at the legislative exception. but good luck trying to argue it!

Anonymous said...

So much spam. Anyway. I loved the rick roll video i really wished this was real though because Mcain`s only real way to get voters was by insulting obama.

Anyway keep up the good work

Anonymous said...

Nice story you got here. It would be great to read a bit more concerning that matter. Thanks for giving that info.
Sexy Lady
Girls for companionship in London

Unknown said...

baby bedding
bed in a bag
sexual health
health plan
beauty cosmetics
skin care
health fitness sports
mens health
fashion shoes reviews
best air shoes
best women shoes
fashion dress
comfortable man shoes
fashion shoes
sneakers reviews
top ten boots
boots of world
rosetta stone
boots classic
wholesale lots
china wholesaler
china wholesale
wedding dress
lightinthebox reviews
fashion shoes

健康365

加拿大营养屋

健康药品大全

健康365

欣乐佳

中食月太